Saturday 12 October 2013

Mother to the rescue!

In the bedroom - Pip prefers the comfort
 of the bed
In the bedroom - whereas Hugo prefers
to be nosey!


Walking on Selsley Common - this is what happens
when you take two dogs on your own and you
meet a marker post! - you need to watch to the end.


I took Hugo and Pip up on the common as usual this afternoon and we had a lovely walk, especially as we weren't bothered by any off-lead dogs. However, we did encounter something just as bad on the way back - off-lead cows!! Normally they do not take any notice of us at all, however hard Hugo tries to challenge them to a fight. Today, though we were walking about 10 feet away from one of them and Hugo had his eyes firmly fixed on another dog in the distance when, all of a sudden, the cow (which had massive horns!) put down it's head and started to charge, obviously with the intention of tossing him in the air. Hugo stood stock still, staring at it so I, brave mother that I am, yanked him back and rushed forward myself, virtually growling at the cow and banging the cases of the two extender leads together. The cow didn't stand a chance really and backed off much to our relief. And where was Pip in all this - hiding behind my legs. Honestly, I thought they were meant to protect me, not the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment